Welcome to the City Engineer’s web page.
I hope you find this information useful and it keeps you informed of what is happening in our town. The City Engineer’s department is responsible for the capital improvement projects undertaken by the city to replace or upgrade our infrastructure.
The majority of the projects we do here are normally funded using grant or grant/loan dollars provided through state or federal funding. These projects usually require matching funds be provided by the local municipality, so we are limited in what we can repair, how fast we can get the jobs done, and the limits of the grant program we utilize.
We are trying to prioritize our projects to get the most needed ones completed first and proceed from there in an efficient manner .
Some of the projects we are currently involved in are:
- Demolition and disposal of the buildings on the former Frick Gallagher property.
- Construction of a new water storage tank on Jenkins Road at the south end of town.
- Upgrade to the water treatment facilities at the North Water Treatment Plant.
- Improvement to the City’s housing stock utilizing state CDBG and CHIP funds.
- Small city projects when funding is available.
The City Engineer’s Office is located on the 1st floor of the City Building
Phone (740) 384-2679
Fax (740) 384-3357
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Wellston is an equal opportunity provider and employer
Click HERE to print an Employment Application